Friday, December 23, 2011

Bowen Therapy Basics

It is one of the best pieces of advice a fellow Bowen Therapist gave to me many years ago - get back to basics every so often and attend a 'Part 5 final level' in Bowen Therapy.

It has been a while since I last took part in one of these Practitioner final level courses. It can also be quite unnerving for the other attendees as they will almost all be new, and taking this exam for the first time.

I have to say it is unnerving for me too, as expectations are high, and I have been doing this for a good number of years now, so the pressure to not look bad or make mistakes is also high.

The idea of course is to learn. It always amazes me, that even though I perform Bowen Technique on patients nearly every day, that my 'position' and 'movement' needs polish. Each time I attend one of these courses, there is sure to be a move or two where I have drifted a bit, although this year I managed to be out of line by about an inch, which fortunately wasn't critical in this particular case, but could have reduced the effectiveness of the therapy in certain cases.

Hence why it is so important for me to get back to basics, regularly.

I never stop learning.

I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas, and I pray that the New year brings Prosperity and Peace to you and your families.

TTFN

No comments: